Ahoy Sea Pirate families and welcome to our 2016 season! Not only can you enjoy an incredible time without even leaving our campground, there is SO much to do just within a half-hour’s drive (or less) of our facility.
Southern Ocean County is absolutely teeming with adventure and activity – especially in the summer months. Therefore, we put together a short list of off-site places you should visit during your stay with us:
- Barnegat Lighthouse – Originally commissioned in the mid-1800’s, “Old Barney” is no longer an actual operational lighthouse, but a beloved state park. Pack a picnic and enjoy the nature and beauty of LBI’s northern inlet, or ascend her 172 steps for a spectacular view of the Atlantic Ocean and Long Beach Island. The lighthouse also hosts some family-friendly events during the summer months. For more information, please click here: http://www.friendsofbarnegatlighthouse.org/Annual_Events.html
- Tuckerton Seaport – Step back in time to the model and museum of Tuckerton’s glory days when it was the 3rd largest port-of-entry in the United State and learn everything from sea life to clamming to decoy and duck carving. The Seaport also plays host to numerous festival over the summer months. You can check them out here. http://www.tuckertonseaport.org/
- Canoe down the Wading River – If you and your family love to be in the water, you can enjoy a few hours on the Wading River and rent canoes, kayaks – or perhaps tube in yourself from Mick’s Canoe Rental. “Saddle” up on one of the sandy beaches and enjoy a little snack or perhaps lunch during your journey. For more detail on Mick’s Canoe, please click here; http://www.mickscanoerental.com/
- Black Pearl Pirate Adventures – If your family fancies the pirate life, then you must check out Black Pearl Pirate Adventure, which set sail from Beach Haven on Long Beach Island. Climb aboard the pirate boat for an hour long interactive family adventure and watch your children transform into little buccaneers as they get their faces painted, tattoos and get to dress like pirates. To book your pirate adventure, please click here: http://www.piratesoflbi.com/
- Fantasy Island Amusement Park & Arcade – Also located in Beach Haven on LBI, Fantasy Island boasts its iconic Ferris wheel, in addition to a host of other rides, attractions, special guests and its arcade –open-year-round – which promises to keep the kiddos occupied for hours. The ever-popular Thundering Surf Water Park, as well as Adventure Golf, are located mere steps away as well. For more information on these attractions, follow this link: http://www.visitbeachhaven.com/home
You can do as little, or as much as you want during your stay with us here at Sea Pirate!
As always, we’re available to answer your questions regarding the wonderful attractions just beyond our site.
There’s nothing like camping outdoors, under the stars.
We hope you have a wonderful stay with us.